Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2002, 10:20 PM   #30
mhotek

I'm not. Vegas1 and I get to smoke all his cigars if he breaks the 3rd one.

Long term, I'm not sure. The blades and body are going to hold up. If we keep shipping defects back to them, they are going to continue working on it, because trust me, dealing with returns can stop a business dead in its tracks. You spend about 3 times as much time on a single return as you do a new order and every return is a $$$ loser. Of course not doing any customer service of accepting returns is a good way to crash a business. So, you do everything possible to reduce the number of returns. 3 years from now, I'll be able to speak to long term. I haven't had any problems with mine and y'all will be first to know. We use every product we sell wherever feasible so that we are getting the usage experience first hand. I say wherever deasible, because trying to use 8 different travle humis can be difficult, but every humi model we sell is currently in use by either myself or my partner along with the cutters, humidifiers, etc. (It's a good thing I'm single or I would have been banished by now.) I can say my Palio has cut a few hundred cigars and been used by over a dozen people with no issues so far. A couple of the shops near me have a Palio for use by customers, so they get abused even more and they haven't had a problem either. It appears to be a small percentage, but unfortunately, it still happens.