Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2006, 08:10 PM   #1
Shooter
Club Member

Aged Magnum 46

Folks, it's not too often that I just HAVE to write a cigar experience down but I will tell you first-hand that tonight's Upmann Magnum 46 was just remarkable.

I was organizing the Aristocrat M-Plus earlier today and discovering all sorts of "goodies" lying deep within (grin). I've gotten in the habit year's ago of marking singles on the head of the cigar in some fashion to identify it at any given time. At one time I probably had a whole box of this same cigar, but now am down to a few singles. The base of the cigar marked "M-46" left little doubt what I was lighting. From memory, I would place this as a '00 or maybe even '99,

I'm not one who can detect "pencil lead" and other nuances that I commonly read about but I will tell you this: if you are in possession of some 5-6 year-old Mag 46's, you have some wonderful smoking experiences awaiting you.

This cigar burned like a dream and produced the most flavorful and creamy smoke I've had in a long time. All of the characteristic "Upmann flavors" of wood, earthiness, etc. where there tenfold. An underlying sweetness seemed prevelent as well. Truly a remarkable cigar and one I will remember for year's to come.

A big thumb's up for this classic.