Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2002, 08:19 PM   #1
dwhale69

Sevenmag sent me a couple of these to try out, so here is my take:

Apperance: This is truly a dark stick (hence the name) with almost an oscuro color. It was firm and well shaped with no soft spots. (8.4)

Light and Draw: Lit up like a champ and had a nice even draw/burn with ample amounts of smoke (8.6)

Construction: No flaws that I could find. Burned even, good draw, nice white/gray ash that was nice and firm. (8.5)

Taste: There was more to this cigar than I expected. The first few puffs were a little blah... but it quickly settled into a medium bodied flavor which was much more creamy than I would have guessed for this smoke. The wrapper was sweet and oily (I personally love this) and this was probably my favorite part of the Shark. Toward the middle, the favor changed from creamy to more of a heavy body with a nice deep "cedar" aroma. The flavor stayed strong all the way to the end. I was left with a slight aftertaste when I was done, but I have had MUCH worse. (8.4)

Overall: I enjoyed this cigar quite a bit, and would recomend it to those who like a good maduro with medium to heavy body. I would compare this one to the Hoyo/Punch maduro rothschild... but its going to take more research to find out which one I like best. 8.4 (good

Enjoy, and thanks again sevenmag.

Dallas Dave
WOW! That's a big one...
dwhale69 is offline   Reply With Quote