Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Mr. Creosote's Diner

Mr. Creosote's Diner Fried, boiled, smoked, seared or sautéed, this is the place we discuss our favorite foods and their preparation. Grab a knife and fork and dig in!

Old 12-04-2017, 06:00 AM   #191
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLR View Post
This time of year, we make tamales just about every weekend up to Christmas Eve.. We made pork tamales and cheese/jalapeño tamales. They came out great. Next week, we will make more cheese/jalapeño, and chicken, maybe some beef tamales. On Christmas Eve, we make the sweet ones like raisin/sugar, strawberry, and pineapple tamales. Lots and of work but so worth it.
sounds great

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 06:02 AM   #192
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

last night I started dinner early and went simple.... salad, leftover roasted cauliflower, mashed potatoes, oven slow roasted baby back ribs (wrap in foil salt and pepper and 225 degrees then unwrap and amp up the heat to brown them)

it was good, I was in bed really early last night. Minimal sleep watching my dad the overnight between Sat and Sun.

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
Old 12-04-2017, 06:31 AM   #193
jazznut
Managing Editor Emeritus
Herf God

A bacon-wrapped (to keep it from drying out) French (beef) roast last night. Mini potatoes tossed with thyme and olive oil. Brussel sprouts lightly coated with balsamic and rice wine vinegar. Carrots and zucchini. Opened a bottle of 2010 Casa Vella d'Espiells Reserva from Spain last night. Very Bordeaux-like (that is, structured with notable yet well-integrated tannins and acidity), the wine proved an ideal match with the meal.
Old 12-04-2017, 04:07 PM   #194
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Sigh

Casa Vella

I miss Spain

Old 12-06-2017, 04:38 PM   #195
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

brats and bubble & squeak

Old 12-06-2017, 04:46 PM   #196
jeepdad
Club Member

Sushi!!!!
jeepdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:20 PM   #197
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

Marinated chicken breast in lemon and pepper and onion, with roasted onions and carrots and the last of thanksgiving Mac and cheese...
Help support the CigarWeekly webhost (me!) > Shop online? Start HERE: direct to Amazon.com
Protect your computer from VIRUSES > Get Avast!
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 06:00 AM   #198
jazznut
Managing Editor Emeritus
Herf God

Fresh NE Pacific cod with a spiced panko crust last night, alongside some India Pale Lager from the Creemore Springs Brewery in Ontario.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:25 AM   #199
jazznut
Managing Editor Emeritus
Herf God

Chicken breasts seasoned with a baste of honey, lemon zest and juice, orange zest, habanero, pink salt, fresh ginger, coriander and sesame oil, served with spicy maple syrup coated butternut squash and a mixed salad.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:45 AM   #200
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

Beer battered cod with large steak fries. I can taste the malt vinegar in my head, which feels like all 7 dwarves are in there mining.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

Last edited by BigO; 12-07-2017 at 12:59 PM.
BigO is offline   Reply With Quote