Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2004, 02:01 PM   #1
ferdelance
Herf Meister

some coffees that make great ice coffees

in the summer heat of NOLA instead of tea i like a enjoy ice coffee in the afternoon , mornings i still gotta have it hot , but for a quick afernoon pickup, i brew it up in the drip maker and stick it in the fridge so it will be cold for the afternoon, i have tried a few differnt coffees and while all are good some seem to be really tasty iced, they all have a nice acidity that comes out much more in the cold form. also some sweet notes are more evident

Peru- smooth cocoa flavor comes out iced
Mexican- chiapas- sweet and hearty
kenyan- nice acidity almost a tea like quality
Rwanda- has a nice vanilla flavor iced
Costa Rican-Tarrazu- a honey sweetness

those are the ones i have found so far, i haven't tried the Bolivian yet, as i like it hot and if i like it cold, i may not drink any of the other coffees i have, , i'll keep tasting cold coffees, they really are refreshing, and if you like sugar in your coffee add it before youput it in the fridge while it is still hot , that way the sugar melts.
i was nodding off about to go to sleep and pored myself a glass of Rwanda iced coffee and BAM, i. awake and ready to take my walk with the dogs. plus it acts as an appetite supressant so i don't eat junkfood and i'll be ready for a big meal for dinner, going to eat out at a mexican resturant tonight for a meeting. , wide awake as well