Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2015, 03:03 PM   #1
HerfManiac
Herf Meister

Not buying any of these

http://halfwheel.com/villiger-dismis...ampaign=buffer

Villiger Dismisses Majority of U.S. Staff

Villiger Cigars has dismissed the majority of its U.S. sales and support staff, save for three individuals who handle inside sales for the company in their domestic headquarters.

Shawna Williams, the company’s former vice president, told halfwheel that she resigned from the company about three weeks ago, while many of the company’s reps and support staff were told of their dismissal today.

An individual who had been with Villiger told halfwheel that the company went so far as to cut off company credit cards while their reps were on the road, leaving them scrambling to get home and sort out what might be next for them.

The move comes as a shock to a company that had seemed to be headed towards expanded U.S. growth; earlier this year the company entered into a logistics agreement with Sutliff Tobacco, with the company providing warehouses, logistics and backoffice sales support, including customer invoicing, accounts receivable and customer service while Villiger would maintain its own sales, telesales and marketing teams that will stay focused on its retailer and distributor relationships. That relationship hasn’t gone as hoped, according to one former Villiger employee, who said that it was expected that the relationship would be dissolved by spring of 2016.

The company has also tried to reinvigorate its domestic catalog, launching the Villiger Connecticut Krēmē, Trill by Villiger and the Villiger Cabareté Maduro in the spring of 2014.

Emails sent to Michael Blumendeller, head of large cigars for Villiger Söhne GmbH, have yet to be returned.
You four eyed bastard geek peckerwood son of a bitch, you better hope I never see your ugly nerd face in my waking moments or I'll leave you looking like a possum that tried crossing I44 with a blindfold on!---Briandg
HerfManiac is offline   Reply With Quote