Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2003, 06:00 PM   #1
chris12381

Montecristo Serie V 1997 Mini Belicoso

Was given a box of these (as well a box of the robusto vitola) from a friend who bought them at an auction for $80 each. Evidently there weren't alot of cigar smokers in the audience. I'm not sure what the retail is on these but they seem like that price is a good deal. Not sure what the 'story' is on them either. Any info?

Absolutely gorgeous wrappers. All cigars in the box are now completely covered in a light bloom. The shape of the cigar is absolutely perfect. Not a single flaw in the tapering off towards the cap.

TONS of smoke and some of the hardest, whitest ash I've ever seen. The initial flavors consisted of coffee and a faint hint of cumin. As the cigar progressed, the tobacco flavors got stronger and I began to taste some of the 'bean' flavors that a Mr. MRN uses to describe his Cuban cigars.

While this was a fabulous smoke, I don't know what they cost so I really can't make a decision of the value of the cigar. But I do have to say they're some of the better non-Cubans I've ever smoked.

Chris
chris12381 is offline   Reply With Quote