Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2007, 11:18 AM   #1
JCole311
Club Member

601 Maduro Box Pressed

Robusto sized approximately 5" by 52 ring

Beautiful wrapper between a Sienna and Saddle brown color, basically dark drown with a red hue - light veining with nice oily gloss.

First third had a spicy twang reminiscent of a Cuban cigar with a slightly sharp bitterness that quickly came and went in two puffs.

Second third tasted like a gourmet light chocolate. I say gourmet because I have had some nice high-end chocolate that has hints of nutmeg and demure yet noticeable spices. This was like that.

Last third the strength went from between medium and full to full steam ahead. Peppery, spicy, salty, all of which made me reach for some water. I really enjoyed the last part of the cigar and would definitely smoke more if they were available.

I do not know the price point because this one was gifted to me by one of the owners of the EO brand Erik Espinosa. He told me that they were not available for sale yet, but that he was extremely excited. I can see why.

There has been an abundant proliferation of Pepin made cigars coming out on the market, and I have been disappointed by several but that was not the case with this cigar.

My rating would be 9.25 out of ten. Complex, flavorful, and full bodied.

http://galleries.cigarweekly.com/JCole311/
JCole311 is offline   Reply With Quote