Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2017, 04:04 AM   #1
jeepdad
Club Member

Kentucky Fire Cured by Panacea Cigars

At times the LCS will ask me to review a stick that a new rep has given them for consideration of carrying their product. This is one of those times.

CigarVolante LLC is the Virginia distributor of Panacea Cigars made by the Flat Bed Cigar Company out of Bucks County Pennsylvania. Flat Bed was founded in 2007 their factory is in the Dominican Republic.

The KFC is advertised as a medium strong full bodied stick with hints of dark chocolate, sweet barbecue and campfire. As I raise the bullshit flag I would say it sits unquestionably in the light to light-medium arena with flavors so well hidden that I struggled to find any.

The cigar is pleasing to the eye with a medium brown wrapper. It is perfectly firm and clipped easily enough and had a very full initial draw. Almost too full.

The cigar is well constructed and burned very evenly. Other than the obvious initial cigar leaf flavor I kept smacking my lips and drawing the smoke in trying to pin down the “hints” of anything but was at a loss. I thought this is a perfect cigar for those that are not cigar smokers yet want to put on their big boy pants and smoke with their herfer buddy or buddette.

The burn of the cigar was perfectly even throughout the smoke. The dark black and gray ash held for a good full inch.

Overall a well-constructed stick but lacks in flavor, any flavor. I guess it fits in that same category of people who like fish that don’t taste like fish. It looks like, burns like, draws like a cigar but beyond that, nothing.

Funny, when I googled CigarVolante their homepage states “Cigarvolante is the Virginia Distribor for Panacea Cigars, mild to medium strong cigars that have unique and complex flavors that lend themselves to pairing with finely crafted beverages. We have used this to introduce cigars to a new market segment that we call "Opportunistic Cigar Smokers," people that smoke an occasional cigar, usually at a special event. We use our pairings to help them easily find the right cigar for their personal flavor profile.”

So, if I understand them correctly their business model is to sell cigars to people that don’t smoke cigars. I have since learned that they cater mainly to wineries and festivals.

--Dan

Last edited by jeepdad; 01-07-2017 at 02:08 AM.
jeepdad is offline   Reply With Quote