Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2008, 01:43 AM   #1
bsslack
Herf Meister

La Flor Dominicana Limitado III

This looks like a Good One.

THE CIGAR:

This is a good sized cigar 6.5 x 52 in a Parejo shape. LFD has several Special Editions and this is one of the latest. The retail for this cigar is in the $10 range and comes in boxes of 48. This the first one for me.

THE APPEARANCE:

The Wrapper has a uniform flat Cocoa color with a light dusting of plume crystals. It looks really tasty. The wrapper is described as an Ecuadorian Sumatra Wrapper.

THE CONSTRUCTION:

The cigar sports a quality Wrapper expertly applied. The uniformity of the cigar is spot on. There are no discernable soft spots. The wrapper has a smooth texture with only a few minor veins. The cap is solid and competently applied. All of the components are from the LFD farms in the DR.

THE SETTING:

Really, who cares?

THE PAIRING:

A new friend Trader Joe's Scotch.

THE DANCE:

This is my second review today, I crashed and burned on the first one.......and the second? I don't know yet, but it's looking good so far.

I am a big LFD fan. I love the Ligero, Dbl Ligero and the Litto Gomez Cigars. But, You never know until You know......You Know?

I make a clean clip on the head and tested the draw. It was a bit tight, but not too bad. The draw produced pristine tobacco flavor.
I bring up the Lotus and introduce it to the Limitado. Initial draw is nice with a decent starting flavor.

I normally do not start a cigar as large as this, so late in the Evening. But, it's Saturday night and I wanted a Good Cigar tonight to make up for a dog cigar this afternoon.

This is a quality smoke with Honest tobacco flavor. As it comes up to temperature, it comes alive. There are several tastes issuing forth, Cedar and fresh turned soil. There is a nice long taste on the palate.

Two inches in and the flavors trade places, The earthy peat increases the cedar fades and a hint of coffee and spice surfaces.
I'm used to the In Your Face Pepper and Spice LFDs. This is a nice change of pace from the Full house smokes that I have come to expect from Senor Gomez.
Plenty of flavor in a medium power smoke. It is a very well mannered cigar and it performs without being boring or one dimensional. The finish also lingers well. There's plenty of opulent smoke that rolls into the room from this Beauty.

Ash is a uniform Bright white and falls cleanly after an inch or so.

Half way through and she's still going strong with zero issues.

There's now a shift in the power level, with a noticeable increase in that department. With the increase there is also more spice and a bit of pepper. Not too much, but a nice bump. That is an often overlooked element in cigars, the Transition. I like the full flavored smokes, but I also appreciate a complex blend too. That's a true indicator of the Blenders Art.

This cigar is really growing on me. It's been smoking slow and cool the entire time. The long finish on the palate is most enjoyable. The burn has been steady and straight on line.

Down to the last two inches and I really have enjoyed this cigar.
It has been Excellent all the way through.

As I place the last inch or so in the tray, I am completely satified, it lacked Nothing.

THE CONCLUSION:

This is a well crafted cigar. All of the elements work in harmony and never over reach. The cigar never disappointed or faltered. I'm going to have to get more of these. These should appeal to All of the medium to Full smokers out there. Plus, I believe that the Aging potential is high as well. It has the Flavors to match the Power and does so with Finesse. I Highly recommend it.

An excellent example of the Cigar Makers Art.

Cheers to the Craftsmen!

slack

Do not Hold Your Heart's True Words, until they can only fall upon the saddened ears and broken hearts, already filled with the loudness of grief. -unk

...Quick to Judgement...Quick to Anger and Slow To Understand... -Rush (it was true then and it's still applies today.)

Remember EVERY American Soldier Past and Present.-You -Me -Everybody
bsslack is offline   Reply With Quote