Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 09-19-2017, 12:51 PM   #1
Ringo
Club Member

Small Batch Cigar + boutique brands

Hi now that I have returned to smoking after almost three years I see that there are tons of new boutique brands that I have never heard of. But I happened across Small Batch Cigars and my mouth started watering. However a lot of their stock, and almost every sampler, is out of stock! They must be good! Anyone who knows me knows that I love samplers where all of the cigars are different and SBC is sold out of all of them. I checked at my favorite retailer, Serious Cigars, and they have a few of the small batch brands and sell singles so I can put together my own sampler their. I would love to hear your recommendations!.

Anyway what are some of your recommendations on the boutique brands? I like oily maduros as well as candelas. Flavor profile medium and one that evolves. I do not lioke one dimensional cigars. My preferred vitolas these days are lonsdales, coronas and petit coronas as well as the classic torpedo. Box press is always cool but not a requirement.

Thanks!
Old 09-19-2017, 01:07 PM   #2
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

I hate to offer unusable advice, but scroll through Jeff's reviews in the Reviews Forum. There are quite a few brands in there that many have never heard of. He's been to the IPCPR show the last three years running, and he is quite thorough, and gets cigars from everyone at the show.

He then reviews them all and some of us review those, too.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 03:02 PM   #3
Ringo
Club Member

OK I don't mind being a guinea pig. I am going to order some of the boutique cigars and review them too. Also, I already have a lot of cigars purchased from an Ybor City crawl and an Eight St. crawl. They are all over the map in terms of quality and flavor etc. and most people who have never been to those places (I grew up in Miami) do not know of those cigars. I guess they fall into the boutique category too. I will review those as well.
Old 09-19-2017, 03:55 PM   #4
jefslat
CW WarCraft God
CW Special Correspondent
Editor at Large
Predominant CW Ambassador
Herf God

Have you tried CigarFederation.com? Another place you can get fivers of hard-to-find boutiques (if they're in stock).

El perro, el perro, es mi corazon.
El gato, el gato, el gato no es bueno.
El Jefe es cantante,
El Jefe es muy famoso
El Jefe es el hombre con el queso del diablo.

El perro, el perro, nunca sin raison
El gato, el gato, el gato es obseno
El Jefe es caliente, El Jefe es carinoso
El Jefe le da besos mejor que su esposo

What Would TOJE Do? Þ £
jefslat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 04:31 PM   #5
ak2000
Charter Member
Herf God

also purocigar.com
JLOH #19
ak2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 01:07 PM   #6
CSMAnderson
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
OK I don't mind being a guinea pig. I am going to order some of the boutique cigars and review them too. Also, I already have a lot of cigars purchased from an Ybor City crawl and an Eight St. crawl. They are all over the map in terms of quality and flavor etc. and most people who have never been to those places (I grew up in Miami) do not know of those cigars. I guess they fall into the boutique category too. I will review those as well.
Where in Miami did you grow up. I also grew up in Miami.
CSMAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 07:35 PM   #7
Ringo
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSMAnderson View Post
Where in Miami did you grow up. I also grew up in Miami.
I grew up in Cutler Ridge and Kendall. Later I moved to Summerfield, near Ocala.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:37 PM   #8
Ringo
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefslat View Post
Have you tried CigarFederation.com? Another place you can get fivers of hard-to-find boutiques (if they're in stock).
Thanks I am checking it out.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:03 PM   #9
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

try smoke inn, which has stores in florida

try Matilda which is a boutique brand I very much enjoy

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:34 AM   #10
Duffer
Administrator
Charter Member

i ordered from small batch last week and they are awesome. Have some hard to find cigars and some nice pricing!
I was amazed at the speed of the delivery seeing i live in ny , 2 freakin days...will be doing some more business with them.

I also just placed an order with purocigar...

i have to start ignoring Andy (AK2000) as he is the best at giving great advise, but he is causing be to spend money like water...

In Memory of Steve Faccenda (TOJE)
Duffer is offline   Reply With Quote