Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2002, 11:48 PM   #1
JinE

The Cigar: Sinatra Torpedo
Grade: D-

http://www.mindspring.com/~jine/Sinatra.jpg

Sinatra, the Grammy winner, the Oscar winning actor, the larger then life personality, the legend, the Cigar vitola. Sinatra was idolized by millions of swooning female fans, but can Felipe Gregorio use his knowledge of cigars to construct a cigar that will be idolized by millions of cigar smokers? Can the star power that carried Ole Blue Eyes through the years of Big Band, hard rock, rock and roll, carry a cigar through the boom years? Read on to find out. Pregnant women, children under 4’6” tall, the elderly, and those with heart conditions please consult a doctor before reading any further… this cigar is not for the timid.

Felipe must have taken his protractor out when making my cigar. The main vein on the two distinct leaves wrapped around this cigar were in perfect alignment, collinear to the axis of the cigar. I’m sure those with a good star-chart might have been able to decipher constellations with the perfect symmetry and alignment of the wrapper. The dark wrapper had a pleasant Pre-light aroma. Not too hard, not too soft. Except for the bumpy-unevenness of the wrapper this looked to be a very well constructed cigar. I clipped the foot and found a nice, firm draw. Most seasoned smokers would have tossed the cigar out right then and there, for the pre-light taste left a LOT to be desired. Wet-pressure treated wood with hints of vinegar left me wishing I had grabbed my pipe filled with vanilla extract.

Roasting the foot revealed an acrid, rancid aroma similar to when a pot of milk boils over and burns on the eye of the stove. Lucky for me the smoke was fairly mild without a lot of taste. What flavor the cigar did have tasted like leftover plaque on a dried out toothbrush. For those of you who spent more then $0.50 a stick, you got ripped off big time. Actually… for those of you who actually paid for this thing… you got MAJORLY ripped off. From now on, the only thing I’ll buy with a Sinatra label on it will be CD’s, records, or tapes. I give this cigar a D-, stay away… far AWAY!

-Jin “Ole Brown Eye” E
JinE is offline   Reply With Quote