Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Old 04-22-2008, 12:17 PM   #61
univibe88
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBB
I've tried Dunkin' Recently, in the last year, and I didn't like it at all. It was difficult to drink. I haven't tried McDonald's lately, it's fast food coffee. Of the three, I like Starbuck's the best, I guess. I like my beans darker and near burnt.

I'll stop at Krispy Kreme for their Bold blend if I had to. Or Exxon Bengal Traders for that Green Mountain Dark Magic.
It really seems like Dunk's product in New England is a lot better. It doesn't make a lot of sense because it is a global franchise and one would think they would strive for a uniform product.

My only guess is that b/c Dunks is so popular in New England that they are selling so much product that you get a fresher cup and that franchise owners perhaps strive to maintain the quality a little higher. For example, I know here that store's have a policy to not hold coffee on the burner longer than 12 minutes. That's a good policy to have for quality. But during peak times they can't keep the coffee on for more than 12 seconds because it's just turning over so much.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:34 PM   #62
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Well, this was in Clearwater, Florida last June, visiting Stan and Disney. The Hess gas station, where we tanked up every morning, had Dunk's Coffee.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:59 PM   #63
univibe88
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBB
Well, this was in Clearwater, Florida last June, visiting Stan and Disney. The Hess gas station, where we tanked up every morning, had Dunk's Coffee.
That ain't right
Old 04-23-2008, 03:24 AM   #64
MrJerry
Club Member

It might not be the coffee, maybe it's the water quality. Not everyone knows about filtering their water before brewing.

Drinking coffee will reduce your risk of developing liver cancer by 50%!
MrJerry is offline   Reply With Quote