Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2004, 10:20 AM   #1
PinarPhan

Min Ron Inspired question on aging

Yeah! Just what I need to keep the fire of my obsession burning, a huge compendium of Cuban Cigar Information!

I have a few questions already and I know you guys can help, because….lets face it…You Rock!

The book talks about the different maturation period and it is really making me want to stash some boxes for the long haul (20+ years). It seems that sharing a treasure like that with your son or best friend would really be nice. But I can’t help but wonder about the aging potential on some non Cuban sticks. I’m sure the super premiums have great potential, PAMs, Opus X etc. But what about some middle of the roads jobs like Padron’s regular line or Toranos. And how about the bottom end stuff like Connies, I know they get better with a few years but what about 10+ years. I’m afraid the answers are going to be along the lines of, “Try it and report back in 20 years.” Well, I probably will but I was hoping for a serious discussion on the topic in the mean time.

A couple other questions while I’m at it:

Min Ron refers to “Semi Plan Boxes” vs. “Cabinets” , are dress boxes the Semi Plan?

I was surprised to learn that the Cabinets really slow the process, I would have guessed the opposite.

My 100 count humi just won’t come up passed about 62%. The temp is stuck in the mid to low 60 as well. I’m fine with the temp but would like to bring the humidity up to about 65. I have added florists foam in film containers and an aluminum cigar tube with holes drilled up and down one side and it doesn’t budge. The humidor is only about 3 months old, will it come up as it gets older? Should I put some 50/50 in a little ramekin in there or something?