Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2024, 07:29 PM   #7
nguyen
Starting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
Nice selection.
Here in GA, when its COLD, RH goes way down. Then it goes way up - a little front blows in and you got 2 weeks of 100% humidity and rain outside...
what works for me - so I have cigars I can smoke outside - is that I have a humidor that I basically ignore the RH in starting in like november. it's my dry box.
I have found that smoking a 'properly humidified' cigar, when it's 50 degrees outside with 10% RH yields a poor experience. Wrapper dries out on contact with the outside air, inside the cigar tobacco is 65% and doesn't want to stay lit, etc...
So instead I grab one from the drybox (currently reading 56%), handle it gently, and smoke it. If it's humid and warm, like today will be, I'll fetch a stick from another humidor...

My other humidors, meanwhile, sit in a room that I have a room humidifier in that keeps that room over 60% for the season...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby View Post
Well that is the start of one fine cigar collection!
Thanks guys. This is my other collection. My other humidor is just for the "cut the grass" cigars.
Yeah I'm still trying to figure out the sweet spot for rh% for my humidor. Because I've had my cohiba reds for a while and they taste stale. So I've been keeping it at 70 now and 71 to hopefully see if I can get them back to tasting right like when I got my 1st one from the shop and enjoyed on the beach.

Sent fro
nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote