Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2016, 03:04 PM   #1
ak2000
Charter Member
Herf God

Warped Corto X46

According to the Warped website:
"Corto or Spanish for "short" is the first full bodied blend to be produced by Warped. The series will introduce a new size each year at the IPCPR trade show in July and the previous year's size will be retired."
Nicaraguan Puro Made at the Casa Fernandez factory in Nicaragua.
The X46 is the second release as the X50 (4 1/2 x 50) was the first release last IPCPR
Size: 4 1/2 x 46, Box Pressed
Box (25 count cabinet) purchased from smallbatchcigars.com on Warped Wednesday (20% off coupon code)

Notes on prelight aroma coming (sorry, forgot to smell it before lighting)

Very nice looking cigar, very smooth dark Colorado (reddish-brown) wrapper with a traditional triple cap and couple of slight veins

Perfect draw from straight cut

Typical full flavored Nic profile with leather notes right off the bat

1st into 2nd third, pretty straightforward tobacco flavors, some woodiness

Tons of smoke production, slightly bitter aftertaste, not a bad taste at all, but might need a little down time before I smoke another one

Definitely a full/strong cigar, I have smoked several Warped Flor del Valle and found them to be medium-full, this one is stronger

Last third, bitterness on the aftertaste goes away and becomes creamy, some spice notes creep in, but still pretty straightforward tobacco flavors with some woodiness

I'm very surprised at this cigar as I smoked a couple from a 5-pack previously over the past couple of weeks and I remember that they were quite a bit more flavorful, which is why I went for the box. Could be me smoking at work at not really getting my full attention, or could just be an inconsistent cigar. Will report back on the next one smoked.

Overall, I enjoyed the cigar, but a little disappointed that it wasn't quite as good as I remember the last couple being. Profile matches what I remember of the X50s that I have smoked and again, thought the previous samples of the X46 were better than the X50.
JLOH #19

Last edited by ak2000; 08-30-2016 at 04:08 PM.
ak2000 is offline   Reply With Quote