Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2013, 07:30 AM   #1
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Irish Mist alternatives?

I'm not a big drinker. I don't like beer, and I've tried dozens of different types. My usual drink of choice is Beam and Coke or JD and Coke. I can't stand to drink either neat. I need Coke with them.

One drink that I enjoy regularly is Irish Mist. My cousin introduced this to me many years ago. We were smoking cigars at a bar/restaurant (since this was in NY it had to be close to 20 years ago) and he ordered Irish Mist. He told me to take a sip and then smoke the cigar. I did so and was blown away. Irish Mist really intensified the flavor of the cigar. I've been a fan ever since.

I was just buying a bottle at the liquor store this past weekend and I asked the guy working there if there was anything similar to Irish Mist. He told me that it was really in a class by itself. He said that there wasn't anything that was similar to it.

I'm wondering if any of you guys have any recommendations. Thanks.

If people can tell me where to smoke, I can tell them where to go, too.
Rob G is offline   Reply With Quote