Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2017, 06:28 PM   #1
ak2000
Charter Member
Herf God

Sobremesa Short Churchill

Just a great looking cigar, dark reddish brown wrapper, very smooth with only a couple of slightly noticeable veins. Beautifully constructed, evenly firm throughout, perfect triple cap. Mild tobacco, spice, and leather aroma coming off the wrapper.

Clip with SAK scissors, perfect cold draw with some herbal notes. Did I mention the phenomenal quality construction? First puff gives me a blast of spice and toasty tobacco flavors.

This quickly settles into earthy and doughy(?) notes. Generous smoke production. There is a slight bitterness on the palate, not a bad thing. 20 minutes and almost to the halfway point. Smoke has a slightly creamy character now. Definitely on the stronger side of the spectrum, though slightly less than medium bodied.

Last third now and the flavors intensify. Total smoking time around an hour. A very enjoyable cigar.

Final thoughts: supposed to be a lighter smoke than the rest of the line, which I would agree. Not as intense in flavor as other Sobremesa cigars I've tried, but as mentioned, on the strong side. While I do enjoy a strong cigar in the morning on occasion, I think this one may be best at the end of the day. Kind of reminds me of a well aged PSD4 in that regard, before the homogenization of Habanos around 10 or so years ago, from my experience. Definitely box worthy.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
JLOH #19

Last edited by ak2000; 01-17-2017 at 07:53 PM.
ak2000 is offline   Reply With Quote