Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2008, 08:40 AM   #1
The JD
Herf Meister

Pics: The first of many Cigar & Scotch tastings

So the cigar and scotch tasting was a big hit with the boys. We plan on doing many more. The line up was

Auchentoshan Triple Wood
Ardbeg 10 yr
Aberlour 16yr
JW Green

With...

Romeo y Julieta Short Churchill
Partagas Series De No. 4

And the pics. (I took them, so I'm not in any of them.)

Notice the colored labels on the bottles/glasses. It's how we kept track of which Scotch we were drinking.
The line up.
Later in the evening by the bonfire
More bonfire.
Table top. Yes, the Doritos effect the tastes you pick up in Scotch.
First time Scotch drinker, Eric.
First time Scotch drinker, Dan.
Dan again

He was drinking his Scotch worst first, so he could end with his fav.
My good friend and co-host of the event, Jamie.
Psychedelic shot of pouring the Scotch
Dan Stach warming up by the "fire"

The event was a blast and everyone loved it. The first timers to Scotch said they certainly didn't fall in love with it, but knew they would over time. Definately an acquired taste. They were interested in the complete range of flavors you can get from a Scotch and said they'll be joining us for the next one. I did make some of the guys write down their impressions which I'll post up when I have time. Although my recollection is Auchentoshan Triple Wood was the definate favorite and the Ardbeg 10 yr was the least favorite. In fact the guys who didn't drink Scotch before down right hated the Ardbeg 10yr, they just couldn't stomach the strong peat flavor. As for the cigars everyone LOVED the Romeo y Julietas while the Partagas had mixed reviews, mainly along lines of experience, as expected. The guys who didn't smoke cigars too often didn't appriciate the spicier cigar.
The JD is offline   Reply With Quote