Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2002, 08:41 PM   #1
MetsFan
Herf God

The cigar:
ISOM Partagas Short (box date 04/01 I think) gifted to me by SLR (thanks buddy! ).

The setting:
My garage with a space heater and can of Coke while I hung a new extension ladder and cut up boxes for the garbage

Before snipping the head, I noticed how pretty this little 4.25x40 petite corona was. It had a gorgeous colorado madur wrapper with little veining. The roll was consistent with no soft softs.

I clipped the head and took a test draw, perfect. I lit the little bugger with my trusty blazer and took my first puff. Expecting that Partagas twang, I was surpised to get a mouthful of sweetness. This sweetness stayed for the first inch or so. Then, that twang kicked in. By that point, I'd finished my work and grabbed the lounge chair and sat down to enjoy this cigar without any distractions (other than the cold temperatures).

As I progressed through this cigar, the flavor built up considerably. By the end, I had managed to catch a little buzz off the little guy. It didn't have a huge nic kick but just enough to grab your attention.

The draw on the cigar stayed perfect. The burn was razor sharp. The only problem I had with it was it went out a few times and needed to be relit, mainly when I wasn't giving it my full attention.

I smoked it down to about 1" where it began to get a little hot. I was probably smoking a little fast by this point as I was getting cold.

This was the first cigar I'd smoked in about a month. I think I picked a perfect cigar to herf after the layoff. It offered the right balance of strength and flavor. I look forward to smoking more of these. They'll be an excellent cold weather cigar due to their diminutive size.

It's time for another sigtag contest. E-mail entries to me.
MetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote