Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2006, 07:28 AM   #1
mecreature

—Hoyo de Monterrey - Le Hoyo des Dieux —

Hoyo de Monterrey - Le Hoyo des Dieux —
—61/8th x 42—June 01 Cab..
I have a 10pk that have been closed up in a baggie in the bottom of the ISOM humi the whole time.

Appearance/Construction — Very nice looking cigar. Colorado brown, darker brown then you might expect with just a hint of red. There were a couple fine veins swirling around. Nice and firm the whole length with a bit of give. The ring seemed bigger then a 42

Aroma — A slight mild spice Kind of chocolatey. It smelled nicely aged.
You can tell it has been put up and taken care of. Prelite was slight tang and smooth tobacco.

Light/Burn/Draw — It lit very quick and I touched all the edges to make sure it was going straight then let it mellow for a minute. From the start this thing burned slow. One edge would lead then the other would follow closely behind evening out. There was a good bit of resistance to the draw but never too tight and lightened up about an inch in.

Smoked — Tons of smoke from a 42 ring. Never got hot and stayed very clean the whole way.

Strength —Mild to start and about 1 inch in mild / medium to the end.

Taste —Big fresh bread taste to start. Kind of like that taste I use to get in my mouth when
walking through the big bakery that supplied all the Local Kroger Grocery stores when I first started working. It changed over from Banana nut flavor and Caramal throughout. Back and forth Smooth toasty tobacco.
It ended leathery with hints of allspice.

Overall Impression — I dont know if I have ever gotten this much from any cigar. It didn’t smack you in the face but I didn’t want it too. I like stronger smokes but have been digging into my mild and mediums lately and I am truly glad I have. I have smoked several DC’s and epi’s but they were never this complexed.

Maybe just another example of age doing wonderful thing to a cigar.

This review in no way does this cigar justice..
mecreature is offline   Reply With Quote