Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2009, 08:05 PM   #1
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Quesada 35th Anniversary-with a photo or two

A pre-release party in New York City was held on June 29, 2009.
Michael Herklots (mherklots) General Manager of Davidoff's Madison Avenue and Columbus Circle stores in Manhattan sent me two of these jewels to try. I put flaming match to the first of the two this evening. These are lovely box-pressed cigars with a double bands and foot bands to boot.

There was a sweet, almost raisiny flavor before lighting. The first was a solid medium body smoke, with a near perfect draw and LOTS of smoke. It got a touch sweeter, but not a cloying sweet, as it burned and the flavor changed and got a bit more complex as it went. It also got stronger.

The first ash dropped a bit quickly, the second however lasted much longer, and the third was in between the two. It tunneled just ever so slightly toward the end, past the bands.

I'm going to try and be patient with the second, but it won't last longer than a week or so in my humidor. A nice smoke. I do hope to get another at the IPCPR show in New Orleans in four weeks time, to compare them.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

Last edited by TommyBB; 07-07-2009 at 11:54 AM.
TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote