Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2015, 02:29 PM   #1
bigw
Club Member

IPCPR Gurkha Cask Blend

This dark oily perfecto weighs in at 6 x 58 (now I know how my wife feels)..Medium brown in color with two prominent veins running lengthwise down the head end...The band takes up a lot of real estate on the cigar with stuff I can't read printed so small I don't care.

Prelight aromas are of sweet tobacco and honey.

Cold draw was hard as the head end was a small opening ( I usually don't cut these) and not a lot of air passed through. However, I did pick up a sweetness to the tobacco with a little spice to it.

First third...The first few puffs where hard but the cigar opened up rather quickly. This thing is putting out tons of thin smoke. The burn is a little crooked and the ash is white and tight.
Getting dry earthy flavors definitely a mild to medium

Halfway..Burn has evened out, nice easy draw and a slick finish in my mouth. Still drying on the mouth and the flavors haven't changed nor are they very complex.

Final third. Burn has corrected and still putting out a lot of smoke, still at mild to medium. I feel there is a slick coating on my tongue. Tasting dry earthiness and little to no spice .

Conclusion. A well made stick, that I would pick up again at a local B and M, not worth buying a box of 200.
Prelight 9..light 7..Construction 7..Flavor 8...Power 5..total 7.2

Last edited by bigw; 08-30-2015 at 02:31 PM.
bigw is offline   Reply With Quote