Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2009, 05:09 PM   #1
mealstrom
Herf Meister

Need interview question suggestions

Jon Drew from Drew Estates said he'd LOVE to be interviewed by Cigar Weekly and gave me his email address. I've been coming up with some questions, but am hitting a wall. As there are a lot of people here more knowledgeable in the cigar industry and more experienced with interviews I'd LOVE any suggestions for questions. Here's what I have so far:

Quote:
1. What got you into the cigar industry?
2. When you decided to start making cigars, what led to the decision to make infused cigars?
3. There are a lot of flavored cigars out there - how did you come to your method of infusion?
4. You have a lot of very original and creative flavors, including some very interesting ingredients. How did you decide which scents to use?
5. What sets you apart from other flavored cigar makers?
6. Rumor has it that Java was meant to be a limited run cigar, and that its popularity caught D.E. by surprise. Is there any truth to this?
7. You've stepped outside of your normal cigar lines to create a few non-flavored cigars. What led to this decision?
8. Do you have any plans for creating another line of non-flavored cigars?
9. The community of cigar smokers seem to have a love-or-hate opinion of your cigars. What are your thoughts on this?
10. You sell on a lot of online cigar stores, but aren't listed on JR's. Is there a reason for that?
11. What has been your biggest struggle in getting Drew Estate to its current level of popularity?
12. What would you recommend for someone who's never tried one of your cigars?

- When you reach for a Drew Estate cigar, is there one you find yourself smoking more than the rest?
- Can you tell us some non-Drew Estate cigars we'd find in your humidor?
- What other cigar companies do you find yourself admiring?
- What can we expect to see from Drew Estate in the future?
mealstrom is offline   Reply With Quote