Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2008, 11:04 PM   #1
Cigar_Ben
Contributing Editor
Club Member

Thumbs up Rocky Patel 1992 Vintage Perfecto 2nd

Everyone has seen the second of Rocky Patel's cigars, especially the Vintage series. I have always loved the 1992 series and when the 2nds came out, I couldn't pass up that deal. I'm smoking one now, a perfecto which is 4 x 48.

Apperance: Looks great. I can't believe that its a second. No major veins and no spots. Wrapper looks pretty good and its firm to the touch. No soft spots.

Pre-light draw: Great, spicy, creamy flavors. Nice draw. Not too light, not too restrictive.

First third: tons of billowing smoke. Nutty, woodsy smoke..hint of creamy. Burn is a little uneven, but thats to be expected a little with a perfect.

Second Third: The nuttiness and woody flavors have intensified. I believe this is because the cigars ring size has opened up so I have more smoke coming through.

Last Third: Not much has changed. I'm getting more spice now as the cigar is burning down the the rear of the cigar where it tapers back down to a narrower ring gauge.

Overall: I really like these cigars. I can't tell the difference between the 2nds and regular 1992s. The taste pretty much remains the same throughout, but its a good flavor profile. Nutty, woody with some cream and hints to spice.

Score: 88/100

Cigar-Coop.com

Last edited by Cigar_Ben; 11-28-2008 at 11:13 PM.
Cigar_Ben is offline   Reply With Quote