Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Rights in America

Cigar Rights in America Discussion of smokers' rights in all 50 states.

Old 08-09-2015, 03:55 PM   #1
Bryan
Starting Member

No cigars in Savannah !

Just got back from savannah ga . While on the river walk I went into a cigar store and got ask to leave for smoking a cigar !!!! Went to two other "cigar stores" three in total and same thing no smoking ! What's up with that ???
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 04:45 AM   #2
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

The city of Savannah may have passed some stupid ban. I was not aware of anything like that, of course... In Georgia, I believe that the state law says that establishment must be 18+ and smoking is at the owners discretion.
Help support the CigarWeekly webhost (me!) > Shop online? Start HERE: direct to Amazon.com
Protect your computer from VIRUSES > Get Avast!
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 09:02 AM   #3
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

I was in Savannah about 3 years ago and nobody said squat to me about my cigar(s). Bought and smoked a few at a shop along the river while the wife and kids did what wives and kids will do. It was a nice time. Sorry to see that the buttholes have ruined it for the rest of us.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 05:42 AM   #4
KatDad
Herf God

Dang!

Another one bites the dust.

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it
H. L. Mencken

The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants
Albert Camus

The Land of the Free Because of the Brave
KatDad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:10 AM   #5
Glynn Loope
Starting Member

Savannah

Yes, Savannah, Georgia adopted a sweeping smoking ban several years ago. This one still stings because of the outreach we worked on at CRA. I noticed in this thread the note about smoking in a cigar shop. Well, the local shops, with one exception I recall, didn't even show up for the public hearings, or bother to activate their customers. The part of this story that also got to us was the comprehensive nature of it, as adopted by City Council. It included the cigar shops, but also any private clubs that could have hosted cigar events, or as noted, the venues that only allow those over 21 years of age, per the allowance under Georgia law. Perhaps this one can be revisited under a new city council, but the cigar shops are going to have to chime in, and engage their customers.

Glynn Loope, Executive Director
Cigar Rights of America
Glynn Loope is offline   Reply With Quote