Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Smokin Tunes

Smokin Tunes A place for musicians and music lovers (that also smoke cigars!) to discuss their passion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2017, 12:03 PM   #1
Poohdvm
Club Member

Been Playing my old records!

I finally got my turntable hooked up and started playing some of my records, some I bought years ago but have never listened to them. Its been great to get into my collection.

Here are some of the albums I have recently found and enjoyed:

Little Feat; Time Loves a Hero. This is a fun album. I have never been a big Little Feat fan but this album makes me glad that I have a few more of their releases to check out.

Nitty Gritty Dirt Band; Will The Circle Be Unbroken: Triple Album with guest appearance of some old bluegrass and country artists like, Roy Acuff, Mother Mabelle Carter, Doc Watson and Earl Scruggs just to name a few. This is a really neat release. Its cool that some of the songs have the banter of the musicians talking about the history or how to approach the song.

Willie Nelson: Shotgun Willie; I'm not a country music fan but I have come around to Willie in the past few years. I really like his "Milk Cow Blues" CD Release. Lots of good stuff on this album. My favorite is his cover of Leon Russels " A Song For You".

More to come as I advance through my collection.