Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2014, 06:16 PM   #1
Mad Dawg
Administrator
Herf Dog
Herf God

New coffees, not-so-new coffee

First, the not-so-new: The excellent Ethiopian Gedeo Worka from Klatch. I just polished off my second 10lb bag of this bean when lo and behold, a free shipping email hits my in-box. Boom! Another 10lbs en route. To the best of my memory, this is the second bean in many years that I will have gone through >30lbs of. Excellent!

Two recent orders, 1 from Burman, the other from Sweet Maria's, brought 2lbs each of 8 different coffees. All rate commentary reviews, based on FC roasts in my Original Poppery.

From SM's

Brazil Dry-Process Familia Campos: Surprisingly bright for a Brazilian. Tropical fruit, chocolate, nuts, smooth and balanced.

Brazil Dry-Process Fazenda Furnas Lot One: Much like the Familia Campos, but a bit more complexity. Clean, refined, excellent.

Ethiopia Grade 1 Dry-Process Guji Shakiso: Although lacking the berry notes I crave, a very nice example of the genre. Fruity, good brightness, a distinct caramel sweetness creeps in as the cup cools.

Yemen Hajja Micro-Lot:
Slightly less "wild" than a typical Yemeni, hints of kitchen spices and earth. Good, but a bit of a stretch at the price.

From Burman

Brazil Bob-O-Link Peaberry Mokka: Bob-O-Link is always a crowd-pleaser, and this one is no exception. Clean and balanced, fruity/nutty with hints of chocolate.

Indonesian Organic Balinese Kintamani Natural: Lightly fruity, restrained acidity, earthier than the enigmatic lot we saw last year. Still, a worthy cup.

Rwanda Fair Trade Dukunde Kawa: Very nice example of a Rwandan - clean and balanced, with good brightness balanced by deep body.

Chinese Yunnan Premium: OK, I went for this one because it's the first Chinese coffee I've ever seen. Just OK, nothing caught my attention, but I've added another country to my list. Meh.

So what are you guys finding out there lately that's good?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That which does not kill me....has made a grave tactical error.
Mad Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote