Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2002, 04:12 PM   #1
bill

I had this cigar sitting in the cabinet since 7/00 so I thought I had better light it up this morning.

It wasn't the nicest day out, but it was still warm enough to sit out on the deck in shorts, as it sprinkled rain. The smell of fresh rain and budding roses is one of the best.

I decided to roast some Costa Rica La Minita Estate while enjoying this cigar. I drank a cup freshly brewed coffee. What a great combination. The smell of the beans roasting along with the aroma of the Diamond Crown was great!

The Diamond Crown was a beautiful looking cigar with some nice bloom on it. After cutting it, the pre-light draw was perfect with a natural sweet tobacco flavor.

As all Diamond Crowns it had perfect construction. Even burn, and perfect draw. I'm not big on identifying flavors, but what I picked up was (woody, nutty, cocoa, coffee, sweet tobacco, and a nice carmel flavor).

Diamond Crowns are not a strong cigar, but the complexity of ever changing flavors is terrific.

I don't smoke these very much (maybe twice per year) as they are very spendy, but sure worth it when I light one up in the morning.
bill is offline   Reply With Quote