Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2017, 01:56 PM   #9
solomr2
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazznut View Post
We have Gordon & MacPhail (one of Scotland's largest and most famous independent bottling houses) to thank for rescuing Benromach from oblivion. Their overall philosophy is to produce a traditionally-styled Highland malt with substance.

I've tried the 10-year old, Peat Smoke (smokier than the norm without being over the top) and Cask Strength releases. All are excellent. But if push came to shove, I'd opt for the Cask Strength (nominally 60%ABV and usually vintage-dated), which is a very solidly constituted whisky.
This was my first taste of Benromach, I have not tried the others, though the liquor store where I got this one had a couple of Benromachs on the shelf, so I may go back and explore the brand further. What struck me is the smokey, caramel, and citrus notes. It's not an Islay, but it has some of the best characteristics of Islays, with the smoothness and richness of Speyside wine finishes. Very creamy and complimentary.