Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Mr. Creosote's Diner

Mr. Creosote's Diner Fried, boiled, smoked, seared or sautéed, this is the place we discuss our favorite foods and their preparation. Grab a knife and fork and dig in!

Old 01-03-2018, 08:29 AM   #91
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtrx View Post
not a campari fan?
Uh, no. Don't like cochineal either. Purple ass glands don't really do anything for me.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 03:10 PM   #92
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Campari actually is now made with an artificial red dye there are still some red biyyer beverages made from cochineal

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 08:30 AM   #93
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

organ meats. Though I do cook the liver and gizzard and heart, mince them finely and mix them with pork sausage for my turkey stuffing...
tripe, eyes, balls, glands, haggis, or anything like that, though natural casing for sausages is ok.

no frogs or turtles for me either.

I'm fine with many types of beans, but some just no - the flavor of fava beans and pintos just don't work for me, and i'm sure there are a few more....

and I don't like veal.
Help support the CigarWeekly webhost (me!) > Shop online? Start HERE: direct to Amazon.com
Protect your computer from VIRUSES > Get Avast!
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 06:46 AM   #94
kevie49

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
organ meats. Though I do cook the liver and gizzard and heart, mince them finely and mix them with pork sausage for my turkey stuffing...
tripe, eyes, balls, glands, haggis, or anything like that, though natural casing for sausages is ok.
I love offal, although I've never (knowingly) tried balls or eyes, although I do know that bulls testicles are served in Spain. Tripe and Haggis are two things that I love, but don't get the chance to eat them very much. Liver (preferably ox) with bacon, onion and mashed tatties is one of my favourite meals 😀🍽️.
kevie49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 06:47 AM   #95
kevie49

Despite being from Scotland, I will never try deep fried Mars bars. I'm aware that they were starred here, but TBH I don't like Mars bars and the thought of putting them in a deep frier just makes me want to boke 🤢
kevie49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 07:54 AM   #96
beevod
Herf God

Beaks, even if deep fried.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:47 PM   #97
Briandg
CW Squirrel Wrangler
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevie49 View Post
I love offal, although I've never (knowingly) tried balls or eyes, although I do know that bulls testicles are served in Spain. Tripe and Haggis are two things that I love, but don't get the chance to eat them very much. Liver (preferably ox) with bacon, onion and mashed tatties is one of my favourite meals 😀🍽️.
Testicles are a classic dinner here. There are literally hundreds of festivals around the country that have gonad munching contests. Beef, pig, buffalo,etc. The poultry industry is huge around her, when the turkeys are taken to the feed lots they are castrated. At that time you can go to one of the processors here and buy frozen turkey nuts in five pound bags.

Friends have told me to try them.

Quote:
oh, man, them's good stuff! Tastes just like turkey!
Briandg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 07:07 AM   #98
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briandg View Post
Testicles are a classic dinner here. There are literally hundreds of festivals around the country that have gonad munching contests. Beef, pig, buffalo,etc. The poultry industry is huge around her, when the turkeys are taken to the feed lots they are castrated. At that time you can go to one of the processors here and buy frozen turkey nuts in five pound bags.

Friends have told me to try them.
Boy, there's a marketing challenge. That's good enough for a final exam in a Freshman Marketing course.

Sophomore year is focused on solving the Israeli Palestinian crisis through motivational posters, protests, and positional propaganda.

Guaranteed job straight out of college if you can noodle that one.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 09:28 PM   #99
Briandg
CW Squirrel Wrangler
Herf God

Do you remember fear factor, the tv show? I read about the series once, and a few times people had to eat bison balls. Boiled in plain water then served cold. My hair stood on end.
Briandg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 04:22 AM   #100
dz130
Herf Meister

Yeah. It seemed to me that the producers were just trying to make the most disgusting things that they could think of to see if people would really eat it.

Finally out of the sandbox.

If I say Corona, I ain't talking beer.

RIP Ed Toner
dz130 is offline   Reply With Quote