Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2014, 06:45 AM   #1
grinnin
Club Member

Migraines from alcoholic beverages... Now tequila.

Anyone else get migraines from certain alcoholic beverages?

This sucks, and it's not about too much alcohol/hangover. Admittedly I am a lightweight in terms of amount of alcohol consumption, and over the last year have been limited to two drinks/day due to meds I take. That is not a bad thing itself. Healthier not drinking to get drunk for sure.

But, over years now, more and more alcoholic beverages induce migraines consumed in very low quantities.

It stared with red wine, then also included white wine, then scotch/single malt, then bourbon, then beer with higher hop rates, now tequila. It takes only a mouthful of wine or these spirits now, and middle of the night, wham! I wake up with full on incapacitating migraine, then waking the next morning the neurological stuff lasts generally for another 24 hours or so.

Tequila was OK until the last several times, and last night is the last straw. I am going to have to pour this bottle down the drain. Same damn thing again. I only had a swig before dinner last night, and after the full blown headache @ 1am, can barely handle looking at the computer screen this morning.

The only things I am still drinking without this effect are mild lightly hopped beers and ouzo (I had a trip to Greece in February and actually came to like the stuff). Just finished the bottle I brought home duty free and will have to find another locally.

Anyway, Just a lament. Seems like I need a support group. Anyone else had this happen? .

Forgotten, but not Gone!
grinnin is offline   Reply With Quote