Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2010, 11:38 AM   #1
CSMAnderson
Herf God

The Torano Fortress

This is a new release from the Torano factory.

Prelight - This is the 5 1/2 x 56 gague Fortess cigar. It also cones in a 6 x 60 and af ew other smaller sizes. The wrapper is a nice medium/red color. No noticeable viens. The cap is nicely placed on the cigar. Prelight draw is earthy and cedary. My guess this will be a medium bodied cigar. The band is purple and states Fortess by Carlos Torano.

Ash & Burn - The ash is gray with some black spot throughout. The burn is razor sharp. This is one of the best burning cigars I've smoked in quite awhile.

Smoking Enjoyment - The first few puffs have given an enjoyable cedar and nutmeg taste. The finish is long and stays with you. For the first inch the flavor profile is very flavorful, rich and complex. This is really a nice flavor profile. Now at the half way point I am picking up a little expresso flavor this blends nicly with the other flavors. At the 3/4 mark this cigar has toned down just a little but still has that great flavor profile as before. I would say the Fortress is a medium+ in strength and a full flavored cigar.

Conclusion - The Fortess is a very good cigar. Priced in the $80 range this is an outstanding value. I'm glad I bought 2 five packs from Cbid. Torano has another winner in this cigar. Highly recoomend for those who like a full flavored cigar.
CSMAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote