Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2010, 08:42 AM   #1
Garbandz

Wink Paradigm 262 Torpedo Smoke the Revolution

The Paradigm 262 Torpedo is a lovely 6 x 50 size with a velvety, dark chocolate brindled brown Brazilian wrapper,Honduran binder and Nicaraguan filler.The maker is the Alec Bradley company.Clint at Smoke the Revolution was kind enough to send me some samples to try.

The construction is excellent,the cigar is firm and heavy with minimal veins and perfect seams.The head is uniform and cuts very cleanly.The draw is medium firm and the mouth feel is very pleasant.

The pre light reveals rich,full tobacco aromas,well aged, and a combination of earth and traces of brown sugar. There is a hint of spice that reminds me of cloves or mulling spice.There are flavors of deep tobacco sweetness that are full of the promise of good things to come,with hints of oak leaf and leather.

When lit,there are sudden bold flavors of leather,rich tobacco and oak,hints of caramel and a touch of black pepper along with a fruitiness I really enjoy.The flavors mingle in a broad richness that fills the palate and gives you a rush of flavor.The aromas have a big presence too, ginger along with firm,deep tobacco flavors,brown sugar notes,very compelling.

After the first inch,the pepper notes go away,the finish is slightly dry and lingering,and the earthiness builds.The flavors stay bold,the flavor profile gets a bit tighter towards the half way point,revealing a bit less complexity.The burn is excellent,the ash is very firm and must be rolled off,tapping will not knock it off.

Toward the end the flavors are still a bit contained but very enjoyable,the dryness lingers and the oak and earth are still present.The sweetness drops off and the spiciness is a bit less as well.

Even though I enjoyed this smoke,I think it is very likely that it will blossom into a teriffic smoke in a few months.The cigars I got were rolled in November of last year,and I think it is possible that they are in a transitional phase and are not showing their full potential right now.I have a few more that I plan to age and I look forward to trying them again in a few months. I have no doubt that they will improve and will reward me for my patience.

As I have found with all Alec Bradley blends,the construction and components are first class.Paradigm is going to be a brand to watch,I have no doubt that in a year the brand will be well known and respected.Clint is a terrific guy and he has done a great job choosing this blend,I am sure time will reward his efforts. Thanks to Clint for the chance to try this new smoke......

Last edited by Garbandz; 02-21-2010 at 08:46 AM.
Garbandz is offline   Reply With Quote