Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2009, 01:13 PM   #1
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Exclamation Cigar Weekly 2009 Blind Review #7

We, finally, have another Cigar Weekly Blind Review published
Quote:

Published Monday, November 30, 2009
Compiled by Doug McGuire (Mad Dawg)

This long-overdue review was both interesting and challenging. The interesting part was working with a cigar about which I had heard absolutely nothing until a package showed up at my house and I began communicating with a representative of the manufacturer. Isabela Cigar Company is a small operation in Miami, hand-crafting cigars in limited quantities under the supervision of Vicente Ortiz

I generally smoke at least two of the cigars we review for Cigar Weekly ratings. When I smoked the first of the Isabelas I set aside for my own tasting, the first impression I got – well before lighting it – was sweetness: the cap tasted as if it had been dipped in simple syrup. When I asked Mr. Piette about this,

As did most of our reviewers, I found the sweetness on the cap caused by the use of a sugar-based sealant to be overwhelming, to the point where the rest of the impression created by the cigar was compromised before it was even lit. The use of sugar-based sealant may indeed have been the “old way” of doing things in Cuba, but that really doesn’t seem to translate well to today’s cigar smokers. The exception, of course, may be those who prefer sweetened cigars.
Click through to learn the rating.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

Last edited by TommyBB; 12-07-2009 at 07:37 PM.
TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote