Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Herf's Up!!

Herf's Up!! A room dedicated to the announcement and discussion of herfs.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2004, 09:14 PM   #1
kurtdesign1

Chicago AREA Get Together?? Feedback needed.

Since this isn't an official notification of a herf at a specific location on a specific date, I'm not posting it in the Herfs Up room. If a moderator seems to think this would be more appropriate somewhere else, please feel free to move around.

Ok, I'm looking to find out if there would be enough interest in an ISOM Herf in the Chicago area. I've got a shop at my disposal that would most likely cater to the idea of a bunch of educated, cuban smokers gracing it's smoking room discussing things that nerds like us discuss, eating great authentic food (I am Cuban ya know), smoking (of course) and maybe even some light trading. I wouldn't mind setting things up like raffles for boxes or other memorabilia and even tasting events. I love stuff like this and feel like it doesn't go on often in my area.

Please respond to this post with your thoughts, even negative items, that you feel I should be aware of. I've waited long enough on different Cigar websites for events like this to be planned and finally I've decided to just try and run one myself. I'd be more than happy to accept stick donations, or even boxes that you'd like me to raffle or auction off (knowing full well that you'd receive the appropriate proceeds for the item) or even just advice in how to host an effective, fun evening. I look forward to all of your responses. Oh, and this doesn't have to be in Chicago. I just thought it would be nice to have it be in my neck of the woods!

I know this isn't really normal for a smoker/herf, but I'd really like it if we could get a few Vets (Military) to attend and share their stories about things like their smoking adventures in far off lands or, if there are no stories, to just sit there and take all of our appreciation in and realize that you truly are heros in most of our opinions.
Boorah!
Craig
kurtdesign1 is offline   Reply With Quote