Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Herf's Up!!

Herf's Up!! A room dedicated to the announcement and discussion of herfs.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2008, 03:13 PM   #1
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Smoke 'em If you got 'em--CW Regional Herf Weekend.

Guys, I just got the approval from Admin. to announce this.

There are already two Cigar Weekly-related herfs scheduled for the last weekend in April, running from Thursday, April 24-Saturday, April 26th. So I thought, why not schedule concurrent events and we can all "smoke 'em if we got 'em" in our particular areas of the country.

Already on the calendar
Herf in the Rock
this is in Little Rock, Arkansas, and it's put together by my friend Poohdvm. I'm hoping he'll post on this thread, as well as post details on a thread of his own. This herf has taken place for at least five years, and it's one of the great CW Herfs. It was especially poignant last year as it took place right around the time of Doug Odom's untimely death.

Harang Avenue Herf Metairie/New Orleans--In memory of Ed Guevara and Dr. Ashley Morris
I'm moving a herf I have every year to this weekend so that certain friends of mine who can't shake loose until after April 15th (tax professionals ) can come in and have a good time with us. Our events are as follows.
Thursday--informal smoking on the deck, no formal meal or event.
Not like the rest of the weekend is formal, but anyone who's already in town can come over and have a smoke, and we usually order poor boys or a pizza or something. Starts about 7:30 or 8:00 (told you it was informal)

Friday--Seafood and Grill night. We get a sack of oysters, Phil, Jmcq and Spiridon shuck oysters, some go in MrsTommyBB's fryer, some go on the grill for Char-Broiled Oysters the best single bite of food in New Orleans. There's other good stuff, too. Starts around 6:30

Saturday--Crawfish boil, again, here at my home. Noon.

This weekend is also the first weekend of the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival.

Now, tchapchap and the Michigan guys have indicated a willingness to participate.

We'd like some of you guys to try and get something set up in your areas of the country. We already have two definite and a third possible event. How about you?

Smoke 'em if you Got 'Em.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote