Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2016, 12:09 PM   #10
Briandg
CW Squirrel Wrangler
Herf God

I understand what's being said. I don't have a lot of experience either way.

I did ratings for cigar magazine and smoked about twenty, and had a bunch on my own.

Out of the ones from cm, only two marks got good ratings, one was the cx2. I think...

The Italia was unsmokeAble, totally useless, the draw was totally blocked on both. BROOMSTICK HARD. The America was bad. Brasilia was good. Construction was in line with the gurkhas I did for another issue. Flavors from the review cigars didn't match later experiences when I bought some that I liked. Out of the fifty or so that I have had, let me guess that twenty or so we're less than expected, and at least six or so were pathetic and thrown away.

I have had a dozen or so of the general versions, and not been disappointed. The Columbia, for example had unique flavor and construction befitting a ten buck cigar. The Amazon was magnificent in every way. I can't remember any of the others.

Taken as a group, ozgener vintage were not consistent, or good. General products of recent years have been good to excellent.

That comes from less than 100, but that was, overall, a very good sampling.

Take that for what it's worth.
Briandg is offline   Reply With Quote