Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2003, 10:43 AM   #1
BobH

C.A.O. and Peterson 50g tins

I spent last week working around South Bend, IN and picked up a couple of tins at the Tinder Box in Mishawaka.
C.A.O. Old Ironsides the last one on the shelf, and Peterson Sherlock Holmes.

Old Ironsides is a wonderful Latakia. Dark brown and in thin slabs cut from the brick it was pressed into. The smoked smell was so intense when I opened it up I had to try some before I left the parking lot. It smokes very cool and dry. The farther down the bowl the better it got. I have a faily large Savinelli that took an hour to finish with a few re-lights and a bit of poking and tamping.

The Sherlock Holmes was something I wanted to try because it was old blend and I wanted to see what Mr. Holmes liked about it.
No Virginia tobacco in it, only lightly colored orange, red, and to me almost yellow tobacco from Brazil and Mysore, India (southern area).
Very sweet smelling in the can and a cool light smoke. The flavor of the tobacco itself comes out with every puff. It was a bit hard to light. Heavy puffing and a strong flame was needed to get it going well. Very nice for a long daytime drive in the countryside.
BobH is offline   Reply With Quote