Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Old 07-26-2017, 08:10 PM   #1
jefslat
CW WarCraft God
CW Special Correspondent
Editor at Large
Predominant CW Ambassador
Herf God

Steve Saka Todos las Dias

Firm roll but good draw, foot and wrapper have a slight dark chocolate aroma. Initial draw also has Dark Chocolate notes with a very strong but pleasant tobacco flavor.

The burn is perfect with a light grey ash. The Topo Chico cleans the palate between draws giving a fresh flavor. This is a very smooth yet strong cigar. It also smokes very slow, adding to the flavor.

There is a very light white pepper on the retrohale, adding to the enjoyment of the cigar. Comparing the cigar with Saka's other offerings, it's more like the Sobramesa than the Mi Querida, but is its own cigar.

At 1/3 it continues to develop into a nice complex smoke with less chocolate and more complex tobacco. So far it is developing into a cigar that is complex flavorful smoke.

The burn continues to be perfect and flat burning. The white pepper notes continue to provide a very pleasant complex flavor. The complexity continues to develop nicely. It almost reminds me of a Trinidad in the way it changes flavors.

At 2/3 it changes again to a very pleasant flavor almost beyond description. To say it it's completely changes is a very good description. Once again, the Topo Chico adds to the complexity.

I will admit that I am a fan of Steve Saka cigars, and this one does not disappoint. Nearing the end of the cigar provides yet another flavor change that is again a pleasant complexity.

This is another cigar that I would like to have a cigar extender because I don't want it to end. As it is I will have to put it down at one inch.

A purge let's me nub this cigar. Excellent construction and perfect burn earn this one a 9/10. Joe Bob says check it out .

El perro, el perro, es mi corazon.
El gato, el gato, el gato no es bueno.
El Jefe es cantante,
El Jefe es muy famoso
El Jefe es el hombre con el queso del diablo.

El perro, el perro, nunca sin raison
El gato, el gato, el gato es obseno
El Jefe es caliente, El Jefe es carinoso
El Jefe le da besos mejor que su esposo

What Would TOJE Do? Þ £

Last edited by jefslat; 08-03-2017 at 03:01 PM.
jefslat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 01:54 PM   #2
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

Nice. I have a sampler bag of Dunbarton offerings that I am looking forward to when I read reviews like this.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 06:08 PM   #3
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Just starting my first one. Early days yet, but I get the chocolate slightly. The smoke coming from the cigar , as I type, is terrific.

Two more easy, very generous draws later, and I get the chocolate, now. I also perceive dark roast coffee. I have not experienced that flavor so clearly since my very first La Luna African Fuerte 16 years ago! This is a flavorful cigar, and it is giving a ton of dense, wonderful smoke.

My gracious, but this is a great cigar.

Keyboard is dead, I may add to this later.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 04:30 PM   #4
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

I'd have bought some of these by now except there is no Corona Gorda size in this line.
xrundog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 11:29 AM   #5
ak2000
Charter Member
Herf God

I liked the Short Churchill so much when I tried it from a 5-pack a month ago, I bought a box immediately.
JLOH #19
ak2000 is offline   Reply With Quote