Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Herf's Up!!

Herf's Up!! A room dedicated to the announcement and discussion of herfs.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2010, 10:34 AM   #1
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

New Orleans: CW Spring Seafood/Harang Ave. Herf.

May 13th-May 15th 2010

Spring is possibly in the air, temperatures are in the seventies this week of March 7, and it is time to set the date for Cigar Weekly's and my Spring Seafood Festival Herf. This will be our NINTH year hosting this event and each year brings a slightly different group of people and enjoyment.

I have decided to move it a couple of weeks off of past years to avoid the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival so that hotel space will be more affordable, for those who might wish to join us from other parts of the nation. It also avoids Mothers' Day and some other conflicts on my part.

As per usual our basic schedule is, as follows.

Informal Thursday Night herf for anyone in town early.
Friday Night Herf featuring oysters prepared three different ways, and other items both fried and grilled.
Saturday features the Crawfish Boil, and any other subsequent smoking activities.

Any money we collect is simply to cover the costs of the meals. While I don't have a price on oysters or crawfish, just yet, no one seems to object to
Five dollars ($5.00) per person for Friday night and
Twenty dollars ($20.00) per person on Saturday.

In 2008 and 2009 this covered the food, and other expenditures RIGHT TO THE PENNY, so I am quite pleased about that.

We hope to see all of our old CW friends, and our local friends.......wish the groups would interact JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUST a little more..... as well as folks who have not been down before. It's a treat to open my home to all of you, and sit around the table/stand around the kitchen together.

Looking forward to this, eagerly.!!!

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

Last edited by TommyBB; 03-10-2010 at 04:43 AM.