Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Old 09-08-2007, 08:09 PM   #1
Cloud9Bob
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Benjamins Tawny Port

I have been buying Australia's Benjamins for years as an inexpensive, everyday port. I liked the fact that as a tawny, it had less of what I will call a "red wine flavor" and more of, say, a "vermouthy" flavor. I know this is a gross generalization of flavor, but it's the only way I can think of to describe what I think I'm experiencing.

I didn't mind its sweetness at all. Lately in the last year it seems to have changed in blend. It now has more of the red wine flavor. At first I thought it may have been a bad bottle or improper storage, but since then I have purchased it in two other places and it tastes the same. I'm almost sure they changed something. Anyway, I don't care for it now. Can anyone recommend a tawny that makes a good everyday drinker? Sweetness is fine...just not that young "red wine" flavor.

"It takes a long time to understand nothing"

Cloud9Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 08:48 PM   #2
casual
Club Member

Hardys Whiskers Blake tawny port is my favorite. You can get it locally for $12.99 or so a bottle.