Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2002, 03:45 PM   #1
Fpull

What a surprise this one turned out to be. A Cameroon Maduro. I thought, Mmmm, this should be interesting. The wrapper is dark brown, almost black, smooth. Very nice feel to it. The first pull was loaded with a smoky, coffee flavor which stayed consistent all the way through. I couldn't put it down for more than a few seconds. I could detect a little of the caramel that Cameroon wrapper sometimes has. This smoke was certainly full-bodied. A little peppery here and there but mostly this constant onlslaught of the dark roasted flavor. The ash was a bit flaky but I could care less. This is what the experienced palate lives for. Got down to the nub and it never got hot or bitter. Even though it was strong and left me a little shaky, it wasn't like the kind of buzz cigars give you when they have ammonia in them. You could tell this tobacco was cured and aged properly.