Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2010, 07:09 AM   #1
hockeymaniac
Herf Meister

Nick's Sticks Connecticut

I bought a Nick's Sticks Connecticut robusto at a local shop the other week. I had seen ads for these cigars so I was curious. I have to say I haven't met a Perdomo cigar that I didn't like. Some more than others but never disliked.

The wrapper was a nice Connecticut with a few veins. Not gorgeous but I have seen worse on cigars that cost 2 to 3 times as much. The prelight aroma was very pleasant; light and somewhat sweet smelling. I knew this was going to be a good mild morning cigar.

The cigar lit up perfectly and the flavor was the typical Connecticut nutty flavor. Light and pleasant it went well with the cup of coffee I was drinking. As the cigar progressed the nutty flavor became more pronounced but never overpowering. This continued to the nub.

The draw was excellent, not to hard but not to easy. A copious amount of smoke was pulled on each draw covering my palate. The burn was perfect. Never needed a touch up and burned even all the way to the nub. The ash held on tight until it got to the band and then fell off.

All in all this is a great cigar for the morning with a cup of coffee. It's inexpensive, I payed $3.75 for it. For those that like mainly mild cigars this is a good cigar for anytime of the day. If you can find them at your local cigar shop pick some up and check them out I don't think you will be disappointed.

Such a long long time to be gone and a short time to be here

"No, I'm not a pessimist. At some point the world shits on everybody. Pretending it ain't shit makes you an idiot, not an optimist."
hockeymaniac is offline   Reply With Quote