Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:53 AM   #1
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

GTO Anesthesia Maduro Toro

Not even sure that these are available yet. I got one through BigJohn by way of Oscar at GTO. GTO is a sponsor of CigarWeekly and we receive samples frequently of new or upcoming cigars from them.

I enjoyed this cigar, but I really don't think that I should relate a taste profile. These are very young cigars and the flavor profile is absolutely going to change as it ages. That being said, I'm going to put a bunch of them to rest in my coolers and see if my hunch plays out over the next six months to a year.

What I would rather focus on is the construction of the cigar. It shows beautifully with a silky maduro wrapper and a purple ribbon at the foot. The other two bands are large and extend roughly to the halfway point on the cigar. The only blemish on the wrapper that I found was under the purple ribbon, but it was so close to the foot that it wouldn't affect smokng.

The construction of this cigar is truly outstanding and shows a great level of skill by the bunchers and rollers that made it.The ash on the cigar burned all the way to the band without breaking and without pampering. Had I taken the bands off prior to lighting it, I have no doubt that it would have continued to hold. Tapping the ash off to remove the dual bands, it continued to burn solidly and in one piece until I nubbed it at just under one inch left. All the while, I had to temper the draw I was taking because the cigar gave up so much smoke at each draw that I actually choked a couple times due to the quantity. I haven't found a cigar that was this well-constructed in a long, long time (if ever!).

I will admit to being a great fan of the GTO line (even if they weren't a sponsor of CW via advertising). This is the first cigar in my hands in a long time that seemed to be too young to accurately profile. Given the outstanding construction and volumes of smoke that it produced, I have absolutely no doubts that it will age into a gracefully nuanced cigar that will be worth far and beyond its retail price (and I don't know exactly what the retail price is, but GTO is not in the business of overpricing their cigars and I trust this will continue).

Bottom line? Get a box of these. Smoke one off the truck and then put them away to age, sampling one every couple of months. I'm tempted to say that if you don't agree that I would buy them from you, but that would be foolish, right?

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

Last edited by BigO; 06-11-2018 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Errors. Autocorrect and grammatical.
BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 10:18 AM   #2
bsslack
Herf Meister

Thanks for your thoughts on these. I have yet to try any of the GTO products, but they sound promising indeed.

Cheers!

Do not Hold Your Heart's True Words, until they can only fall upon the saddened ears and broken hearts, already filled with the loudness of grief. -unk

...Quick to Judgement...Quick to Anger and Slow To Understand... -Rush (it was true then and it's still applies today.)

Remember EVERY American Soldier Past and Present.-You -Me -Everybody
bsslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 11:28 AM   #3
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

I have a Pain Killer in the ready humidor. Been there a while. Time to smoke it soonest I think!
xrundog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 05:14 AM   #4
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

You're in for a treat, Tim.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote