Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2004, 08:07 AM   #1
bmwrtmike

My new roaster

I am drinking my first press pot from the roaster that I built. I have been using a Stir Crazy/Galloping Gourmet combo for a while now, and although it's one pound capacity would be overkill for most folks here, it was not able to keep up with my coffee needs.

What I built was similar to the Stir Crazy, but BIGGER. I took a Farberware electric fry pan, and extended the legs on it. Drilled a hole in the center, and fabricated a plexiglass mounting plate to attach a motor to. It is not completely done yet, but I roasted two pounds of Harrar yesterday, and looks like I could do three pounds if I wanted. At 7:27 min I got first crack, and at 11:54 min I hit second crack. The profile is very deep and rich. I hopefully will add a PID heat controller in the near future to help duplicate roasts. Here is the link to the CG thread that has a few pics on page 2 and 3. http://coffeegeek.com/forums/coffee/homeroast/68645

I know that most of you like roasting in small batches, and that is fine. But I only roast enough for one week. I do sell a fair bit of coffee, and I take it to work as well. If you are finding that you need a bigger roaster, something like this might fit the bill.