Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2018, 11:05 AM   #1
DrifterDave
Starting Member

Fuente then and now

I'm just a few months back into cigars after a 10 year hiatus. I have noticed some big changes, but maybe the most surprising has been in the Fuente brand.

About a month ago, I found a box of 8-5-8 sungrown in stock at a retailer and was very excited to put my order in. That particular cigar had been a favorite of mine and had always been hard to find. I received the box, let it rest, and tried one...not what I remembered. I've tried a couple now, and both had some issues with uneven burn. My memory of Fuente is that they rarely had construction problems. The flavors are different, too, much more mild that I remember.

Same thing with the Opus X, minus the construction problem. I've had a couple now, and they just don't have that wonderful, over-the-top flavor and power they used to have. I used to consider them almost too strong, now nowhere near that in body or strength.

Is it just me, or has Fuente shifted their blends to be more mild over the years?..or is this just some sort of hiccup in their quality?
DrifterDave is offline   Reply With Quote