Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-26-2011, 03:52 PM   #1
kydsid

Garrison Bros Bourbon - Texas' First

This is the first bourbon made outside of TN and KY in the US and is a Texas original down to its ingredients.

They started with a 2008 vintage and release teaser 375ml bottles twice in 2010 that sold out within days.
Recently the first full 750ml bottles came out. Only available in the Texas hill country , a scant hand numbered
4200 bottles were made available. I had to pull a few favors to get these bottles.

I am not a bourbon fiend, but do enjoy a good bourbon and beer from time to time so bear with me.

On to the review:

Tasting done neat with a side of water.

Pours clean and neat with a lovely caramel color. Very fruity nose with a definite hint of the heat
to come (94 proof). First sip is cool to the lips, with a great bourbon flavor (sorry can't describe this).
When swallowed a punch of heat followed by mellow warmth. As the warmth subside nice woodsy after taste.

All in all a good bourbon to pair with cigars, but then again I haven't found one that doesn't.

As their distribution increases I hope to be able to source this bourbon consistently. It is a worthy effort
of a small family owned distillery, something we woefully lack in Texas.

Last edited by kydsid; 06-14-2011 at 07:09 PM.
kydsid is offline   Reply With Quote