Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2007, 07:15 AM   #1

CAO America Potomac

Wow.

This is an Amazing cigar. Loads of thick creamy smoke. I’m talking “feel it in your mouth” thick. Almost a liquid feel.

This cigar is very aptly named. An American. It doesn’t pretend to be anything it isn’t, and it’s VERY good at what it is. I didn’t get “subtle” tastes, like toast, or cocoa, just a rich tobacco flavor, that was consistent, and extremely tasty throughout. Like an American, it doesn’t pretend to be fancy, it steps up and gets the job done...

And in the current market, of “High Strength”, this cigar gets it right. Strength, WITH flavor. Nothing subtle, is going to get by all that ligero, but the pure tobacco flavor shines through.

And as to the Strength. Not overpowering, considering the 100% ligero, but this cigar is NOT to be smoked on an empty stomach.

The burn was better than I expected from a “Barber Pole”. Burning slightly uneven, but spiraling, to match the cigar. I guess the thin pinstripe overlap really helps the burn here. (Plus, it looks cool as hell!)

Appearance wise, this was as pretty a stick as I’ve ever seen. The wrapper, favoring the Maduro, was smooth, and slightly toothy. The Natural wrapper peeks out, in a strip, about 1/8” wide, spiraling down. This “pinstripe” look, gives the cigar a very appealing look.

I carefully trimmed the cap, using a knife, not wanting to take a chance on splitting the wrapper. I shouldn’t have worried. The 2 wrappers are nice and thick, holding the cigar together nicely, with no risk of ruining with a bad cut.

The pre-light draw was almost perfect. Not quite as loose as I prefer, but in no way hindering the draw. Unlit, you can already taste the flavor this cigar is going to provide.

I lit up, and was rewarded with a huge mouthful of smoke. The 100% ligero, is showing its stuff from the first puff. It was like drinking the flavor, not smoking it, the smoke was so thick.

The flavor built slowly, almost imperceptibly, from beginning to end. By the end, I was in love, and didn’t want it to be over.

I can't wait to get my hands on some more!!!

Appearance: 10
Burn: 9
Flavor: 9
Construction 10
Overall Experience 9