Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2007, 04:26 AM   #1
CSMAnderson
Herf God

Rocky Patel Cuban Blend

I smoked one of these in the toro size yesterday while golfing, golfed alright but the cigar.......

Prelight - This cigar had a very dark brown Corojo wrapper. There were a few noticeable veins but not many. The wrapper was very oily and had a great tobacco smell. Prelight draw was a nice coffee taste. The cigar is well made, no soft spots and a nice even draw.

Ash/Burn - The ash was a dark gray and black. There was some minimal flaking, but the ash held well until knocked off. The burn was a little uneven but never canoed and it didn't cause any problems.

Enjoyment - This cigar started out with coffee and a dark chocolate undertone. Medium to full in strength. The strength pick up about one inch into the cigar,and became a full bodied cigar. The flavor basically stayed the same throughout the cigar. I felt this cigar had so much potential to be a better cigar if the flavor profile had more than just coffee as a flavor. It needed something like spice or leather to help expand the flavor profile.

Conclusion - Overall this was a decent cigar. I don't think I'd buy it to often due to it's one dementional flavor profile. I kept waiting for this cigar to blossom into a great cigar but it never did. With a little reblending this could be an excellent cigar, the basics are there it just needs a little touch of something to give it more flavor.
CSMAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote